Saturday, October 10

My first experience as an entrepreneur

haha...yes, the title says it all doesnt it?
Man, I am sooo tired out this week...and today is not a rest day at all...BUT, it is an interesting day filled with activities that simulutated my mind like crazy.

Today is the first Sat class that I have to go to for my course and we visited Cherie Heart Childcare. It is a Singaporean-owned childcare and its boss is Dr. Sam Yup, a very young social entrepreneur. He started Cherie Heart with a friend in 2001 and now runs one of the most successful childcare centre in Singapore, bagging a lot of awards in the process.

His story and account of how he did it really inspire me a lot and help me to think of what I really wanted. Now I am very sure that I am not really interested in franchising, but in establishing my own personal brand and touch. Unless the franchise is a really good one and I am really interested, then maybe I will consider doing it....if not...haha...it's definitely on my own!

Today's session really rocks! But one important thing that I learn is ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS NOT A PART TIME JOB...it is a full time committment and you have to accept that! There is no way you can run a business and still work a full time job....UNLESS it is an internet online business...even so, you need to be at your pc almost 18-24 hrs a day!

We had a trial run in the afternoon to test out the market and to find a feasible product to sell...it is really very inspirsing and one of my group member, Mr Khoo really help me a lot with his vast knowledge that is accumlated in his years...I ran one of my ideas with him, and he gave me a lot of suggestions...which I am going to find information on after this blog entry...hahaha...

In fact, I just finished the homework that we were set to do and set to the team members...sad to say that as the only gal in class, I become the unofficial writer...but then again, I dun really mind...because when I do all the assignments, I get to learn more than the rest...(I hope)...even though now I am thinking of stirking out on my own with regards to my final project oso...haha...oh well...shall see how...=P

Gotta go..research time...=)

No comments: